2012: The Year I’ve Been Involved in Making 61 Games!
I’m off now for a couple of weeks for Christmas. It’s been a crazy year in games for me, personally:
We (Auroch Digital) also have also run four major game jams (Global, Gamify Your PhD, ExPlay-Wellcome & XX Game Jam) as well as a host of other events and consultancy. We also started our news news-gaming project, GameTheNews.net – phew! Counting that all up it means I’ve directly been involved in the creation of:
- Call of Cthulhu: The Wasted Land (plus Kaul’s Diary)
- The Mini-games on Game Design and Science (for Gamify Your PhD, developed by Mobile Pie and Wired)
- 14 games for GameTheNews.net (11 of them are public) including the first ever attempt to cover an ongoing war in the form of a game, Endgame:Syria.
Then indirectly I’ve been involved in more, via the facilitation of game james:
- Bristol’s part in the Global Games Jam (about 15 games?)
- Gamify Your PhD (6 games, plus the mini-games noted above)
- The Wellcome Trust-ExPlay Games Jam (20 games)
- XX Game Jam (4 games I think?)
Woah, that is like 61(ish) games on 2012! A good year, I think!
So if you’d like a bit of reading over the holidays, a couple of older posts I was very pleased with are:
- How We Evolve Fun
- Brink & Climate Change
- The Biology of Cthulhu & Lovecraft’s Fiction
- The Making of Call of Cthulhu (via Game Dev Story)
And finally, thanks to all who’ve work with me/us over 2012 and supported me/us and I look forward to more great work and games in 2013!