VODO Big Brother Bundle! #VODO
You totally need to get this amazing Bundle! It has ‘I Have No Mouth, And I Must Scream’ in it!!
VODO has asked one of the original members of Wikileaks, Daniel Domscheit-Berg, to help curate the unique, one-off bundle of content around the theme of Big Brother. It brings together indie creators, authors and experts on one of the most important issues of the day.
* A unique “pay what you want”, multimedia bundle with games, films, graphic novels, books and music related to privacy, surveillance, and “Big Brother” state control.
* Curated with and introduced by Daniel Domscheit-Berg of Wikileaks, whose biography is the basis of the Fifth Estate movie, out now
* Includes the New York Times bestseller The Homeland Directive, music EP from Immortal Technique, and the crucial new documentary Shadows of Liberty – and more!
* First 10,000 customers beating the average payment get a month’s privacy protection from VPN service IPredator
* VODO is giving 5% of all earnings to Fight The Future, who are organising a worldwide campaign against surveillance.
* Runs for 20 days only, starting on 30 Oct, 2013
Daniel Domscheit-Berg, author of Wikileaks: My Years With Julian Assange, commented:
“I’m delighted to be involved in this exciting bundle. It’s an important time for us all to be thinking about these issues – and this is a great way to get in touch with what’s going on, collect some great, fun content and support independent creators distributing their work in a truly innovative way.”
Daniel’s biography is the basis of the new film The 5th Estate. He lives and works in Berlin Germany.
WHAT’S IN THE BUNDLE?
VODO’s Big Brother Bundle contains two essential documentaries fresh from major film festivals (Shadows of Liberty, Secrecy), award-winning graphic novels (The Homeland Directive, Subatomic), highly rated Steam games (I Have No Mouth, And I Must Scream, Hacker Evolution: Duality), original music from conscious hip-hop star Immortal Technique (Surveillance EP), a book from privacy guru Bruce Scheneier (Schneier on Security), and, for the first 10,000 “Beat The Average” customers, 3 months online privacy from well-respected VPN provider iPredator. The bundle also sees the launch of a partnership between VODO and Outcasting agency for artist’s moving image, supported by the Arts Council of Wales, to include artist’s film and video with VODO releases. The Big Brother Bundle will feature Removable Media, a short found-video composition by UK-based artist Darren Banks.
We’re proud to have brought together over $145 worth of content in the bundle – and a great combination of fun, information and creativity.
WHERE THE MONEY GOES
70% of contributions are divided equally between the 7 content providers, 25% goes to VODO and 5% goes to our chosen charity, Fight For The Future. Fight for the Future is dedicated to protecting and expanding the Internet’s transformative power in our lives by creating civic campaigns that are engaging for millions of people.